Friday, June 21, 2013

Nesting101

We are patiently awaiting Christian's arrival and until he arrives, why not do a few projects around the house?! I actually have to give all the credit to the hubbster on this one...I just helped pick out paint color (but, hey! That's the most important part !)

Our basement is a pretty decent size and half of it is finished. We have mounted a flatscreen on the wall (thanks to my handy-man father-in-law!) and have found ourselves not EVER hanging out down there. My excuse was that it had an old, musty smell down there and wasn't really inviting. After much discussing, we decided to update a little! I have some before and after pics , but it still isn't completely done down there!


Before
 The top half of the walls were a notty pine and very "retro" but I am told that they are very nostalgic. My dad wasn't too sure about our idea of painting over them... ;)
 To me, the all wood walls just made it dark and dingy down there! I wanted sometime bright and inviting that would make hanging out down there enjoyable!

After


 Ignore the mess that we still have to organize, BUT we decided to do white on from the chair railing down, then grey from the chair railing up. Josh still has to finish painting the chair railing and baseboards white, but I am so happy with how it turned out! Josh is a pretty awesome painter!
 This is what you see as your walk down the basement stairs...we are going to make the back left corner Chrsitian's play area. We have a toy chest  and want to get an area rug for the corner. Since I do the laundry down here, it will be nice to have him down here to hangout/sleep while I do laundry during the day!  In the back right corner we plan on putting his pack n' play. It came with a napper and changing table on top of it for when he's a newby so that will be nice to use down here!
 Check out that retro stove and frig! Frig works better than ours upstairs! ha We are going to keep the bar the notty pine color (for now, atleast).
One last view ! We want to get a large area rug to cover alot of the tile down there because it is so cold! I am getting really excited about what we have done! I can't wait to hang up all the sports decor we have on the walls. Looking forward to using this space more often. I will post more pics once we decorate and organize some more! 


As far as pregnancy goes, I am hanging in there! Sleep is getting more and more difficult each night it seems...I woke up at 5 this morning and could NOT go back to sleep. Josh had to be at work at 7, so we decided to go to Panera for breakfast. It has been so hot out here lately that I have been hiding out indoors! I have definitely been more tired recently . Yesterday I got home from teaching summer school at 1 and slept til 3. I hate feeling lazy and not being productive , but Hey! I think what's been going on in my belly has been PRETTY darn productive ! :) We have our next doctor's appointment a week from today and I can't wait! I will definitely be keeping everyone posted on how Christian's doing! But by the constant kicking and pounding of my stomach, I think he's ready to come out!! 


 

Til next time!

1 comment: